CV of Hisashi Okamoto
Born in Japan in November 23, 1956.
Graduated from University of Tokyo in March 1979.
Doctor of Science, 1985 (Advisor: Professor Hiroshi Fujita)
- Professor of Mathematics at Research Institute for Mathematical
Sciences (RIMS), Kyoto University, since April 1994.
Associate Professor at RIMS, April 1990
Associate Professor at Dept. of Applied Science, Univ. of Tokyo, August 1987
Research Associate to Prof. Hiroshi Fujita at Dept. of Mathematics,
Univ. of Tokyo, April, 1981.
Visiting Fellow at Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications,
Univ. of Minnesota, during July 1986 -- July 1987.
- Visited National University of Singapore in 1988, with support
from JSPS (Japan Society of Promotion of Science).
- Vice-president of the Japan SIAM. 2013--present
- President of the East Asia SIAM, 2011--2012
- Deputy Director of RIMS 2011
- Deputy Director of RIMS 2009
- Deputy Director of RIMS 2006
- Head of the Computer Science Research Laboratory of RIMS, 2004-2005.
- Member of the board of the Trustees, Japan SIAM, 2003--2006
- Associate member of the Science Council of Japan, 2006 & 2007
Honors and others
- Sumitomo Foundation Research Grant, 1992 and 1993
- Invited one hour talk at Mathematical Society of Japan,
Annual Meeting, March, 1993
- Invited one hour talk at Physical Society of Japan,
Annual Meeting, September, 1995
Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Annual Award
of JSIAM Papers, No. 26 in my publication list: Exact solutions of the
Navier-Stokes equations via Leray's method, Japan J. Indus. Appl.
Math., , vol. 14 (1997), pp. 169--197.
- Plenary Lecture at the annual meeting of
Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics, July 29th, 1997.
- Invited 45 minutes lecture at International Congress of Mathematicians,
- Invited one hour survey lecture at Mathematical Society of Japan,
- Inoue Science Award, February 4th, 2002.
- Elected Fellow of the Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics, February, 2013.
- Elected Fellow of the Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, May, 2013
- JMSJ Outstanding Paper Prize, April, 2014
- Ordway Visiting Professor, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota, Nov.--Dec., 2014