Kyoto Young Topologists Seminar (KYTS)
last updated: 2019.7.20
Organizers: Takahiro Oba (RIMS)
, Kenta Okazaki (RIMS), Tatsuro Shimizu (RIMS)
Next seminar: 22th July,
Speaker: David Leturcq (Institut Fourier, Universite Grenoble Alpes)
Title: Knot invariants from counting diagrams
Abstract: A long knot is an embedding from R into R^3 which follows the z-axis outside a ball.
Two such long knots psi and psi' are isotopic if there exists a smooth family
(psi_t) of long knots such that psi_0= psi and psi_1=psi'.
In this talk, we will explain how to define a long knot isotopy invariant z_2
counting some diagrams with four vertices. The obtained invariant is a Vassiliev
invariant and is then connected to the Alexander polynomial.
We will explain how to get this relation directly from the diagram counting
definition. In the remaining time, we will present the generalization of these
objects, methods, and results to higher dimensions or to higher number of vertices.
Venue: Room 206
(**: Young Topologists Seminar *: informal seminar)
- *11th Oct. Tatsuro Shimizu (RIMS), On the paper "higher order generalization of Fukaya's Morse homotopy invariant II" by T.Watanabe
- *18th Oct. Delphine Moussard (RIMS), A functorial extension of Kricker rational lift of the Kontsevich integral
- *8th Nov. Bruno Cisneros (UNAM), Normal forms on virtual braid groups
- *24th Nov. Masatoshi Sato (Tokyo Denki univ.), On the homology group of the genus 3 handlebody MCG
- *6th Dec. Delphine Moussard (RIMS), Finite type invariants of homology 3-spheres
- *13th Dec. Kazuto Takao (Kyoto), Gluing stable maps along boundary
- *17th Jan. Youngjin Bae (RIMS), Floer homology of knot complement
- *24th Jan. Sakie Suzuki (RIMS), Invariant of closed 3-manifolds using associators and triangulations
- *14th Mar. Youngjin Bae (RIMS), Knot contact homology and cord algebra
- *16th Apr. Delphine Moussard (RIMS), Trisections of 4-manifolds
- *23th Apr. Katsumi Ishikawa (RIMS), A link-homotopy invariant for surface links
- *21th May Marco De Renzi (Paris7), Renormalized Hennings invariants and TQFTs
- *28th May Takahiro Oba (RIMS) , Non-triviality of fibered Dehn-twists
- *4th June Tatsuro Shimizu (RIMS), On framing of 3-manifolds
- **25th June Yusuke Inagaki (Osaka), Anosov representations and their deformation spaces
- *9th July Tatsuro Shimizu (RIMS), On the Tetsuhiro Moriyama's work about embedded 3-spheres in 6-sphere abstract.
- **23th July Sakie Suzuki (Tokyo Tech), Factorizations of the universal R matrix and the universal quantum
invariant for framed 3-manifolds abstract
- **27th Aug. Delphine Moussard (RIMS) , Torsions of 4-manifolds from trisection diagrams
- **7th Dec. Hironobu Naoe (Tohoku univ.), Shadows and Milnor fibrations of divides
- **13th Feb. Katsumi Ishikawa (RIMS), Quandle coloring conditions and zeros of the Alexander polynomials of Montesinos links
- **28th Feb.-1st Mar. Koji Yamazaki (Tokyo Tech), Engel Manifolds and Contact Structures abstract
- **28th Feb.-1st Mar. Nobuo Iida(univ. of Tokyo), Bauer-Furuta type refinement of Kronheimer-Mrowka's invariant for
four-manifolds with contact boundary abstract
- *15th Apr. Kenta Okazaki(RIMS), On planar algebras and state sum invariants of 3-manifolds
- **3rd July Toru YOSHIYASU(Kyoto), On Lagrangian embeddings of closed non-orientable 3-manifolds abstract
- **19th July Tomonori Fukunaga(Kyushu Sangyo University), On convexity of simple closed frontalsabstract
"Informal seminar" are often held at same schedule as Young Topologists seminar.
We do not announce Informal Seminar at RIMS webpage or the bulletin board on RIMS, but you are welcome to join us.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact an organizer.