Types of Papers
JGAA publishes regular papers, concise papers and survey papers. Both regular and concise papers report the results of important and original research. However, concise papers are more focused and have a terse presentation format (5-10 pages).
Papers should be submitted to the Editor-in-chief in PDF format. Authors may request at the time of submission that a specific member of the Editorial Board handle their paper.
All communications between the editors, authors, and reviewers will be done by email, unless otherwise requested by the author or reviewer. The editors firmly believe that fast review time is an essential component of scholarly practice. JGAA will try to keep the review time within six months.
Once an article is accepted, the author(s) will be requested to enter into an agreement with JGAA, summarized as follows:
- the author certifies that s/he owns the copyright to the paper and has not previously published the paper in a refereed journal;
- the author grants to JGAA a perpetual and irrevocable right to publish the paper in electronic form;
- the author agrees not to republish the paper in electronic media without placing an explicit acknowledgment within the paper of prior publication in JGAA.
- The authors retain the right to include his/her paper in his/her dissertation or doctoral thesis, provided acknowledgement is given to the original source of publication.
- The author retain the right to use parts of the paper (e.g. illustrations, tables, paragraphs, etc.) for inclusion in future work.
- The author retain the right to self-archive and make available the published version of his/her own paper on any non-commercial Website, provided that an explicit acknowledgment of the initial publication in JGAA is given.
Authors of accepted papers are requested to prepare and submit the following material within two weeks from the notification of acceptance of the paper.
- A compressed archive (use either zip, or tar and gzip) containing all the source files (.tex, .bib, .eps, .sty, etc.) of the paper. The paper must be formatted using LaTeX, BibTeX, and the JGAA LaTeX package (last revision: July 17, 2012). Note that LaTeX is the only accepted format. Please observe the following instructions:
An information file for the paper, in XML format, created by downloading and filling in the given template. This file contains the paper title, authors names and contact information, and keywords. An example information file is given here. The information file will be used to generate the entry for the paper on the JGAA website. Note that the email addresses of authors are not posted on the JGAA website.
The publication agreement, described above.
- Feel free to use additional packages and style files. However, do not include packages or style files that conflict with the JGAA LaTeX package and do not modify the JGAA LaTeX package.
- Use BibTeX and separate bibliography (.bib) file(s) for the references. Make sure that all references are complete (including page numbers). You are also requested to add the DOI number to each reference when possible.
- Make sure that all figures and tables are within the text margins.
- Use text of size at least 10 points in the figures and tables.
- Figures should be encapsulated postscript (EPS) or PDF files. Line drawings in the figures should use vector graphics and not bitmaps. Text in the figures have size at least 10 points. The use of colors in the figures is encouraged. However, authors should keep in mind that readers my print the paper in black and white.
The compressed archive of the source files and the information file should be sent by email to the Publication Editor. The publication agreement should be transmitted as indicated in the publication agreement page.