History of Japanese Journal of Mathematics

Japanese Journal of Mathematics (JJM) was founded in 1924.
In its first series (1924-1974), JJM was published by National Research Council of Japan (the antecedent of the Science Council of Japan).

Since 1975, JJM has been the official journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan.

In its second series ("New Series" 1975-2005), JJM published articles recommended by fourteen supporting journals in Japan, in cooperation of
the Kinokuniya Company Ltd. This system was over at the end of 2005.

The Mathematical Society of Japan relaunched its third series in 2006, and has been publishing research survey articles of the highest quality in cooperation with Springer.
The electronic edition has also started in 2006.

The logo of JJM was designed in 2006 by Toshiyuki Kobayashi, the founding editor of the 3rd series of JJM. It represents Mt. Fuji (the highest mountain in Japan) by the letters J, J, and M.

1924-1974 1975-2005 2006-

[JJM] [Takagi Lectures]
[Editors] [Coming Issue] [Past Issues] [Aims and Scope] [Submissions] [Subscription] [History] [News] [Archive] [Advertisement]

Last modified: 22 May 2009 maintained by Toshiyuki Kobayashi