RIMS’s Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Based on the university's policy or guidelines, we, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences is taking measures to prevent the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) such as practicing disinfection of hands and cough etiquette thoroughly, ventilating, restricting nonessential visit to the institute in order to reduce a close contact with others, conducting remote work or encouraging staggered working hours.
[To the members of RIMS]
- The Kyoto University's response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Notifications from Kyoto University;
[Our Preventive Measures]
- Disinfecting hands regularly
- Practicing cough etiquette
- Providing hand sanitizer
- Ventilating regularly
- Keeping the door of the Men’s room slightly open
- Self-isolation to monitor health conditions for 2 weeks after arriving in Japan from overseas
- Holding lectures or conferences on-line
- Restricting nonessential visitors to the institute
- Restricting visitors who have fever
- Restricting the visitors from the countries and regions where entry bans by the authority applies
- Conducting remote work
- Encouraging staggered working hours
★About Preventive measures for infectionRIMS is following the guidelines below.
- Guidelines for the Restriction of Activities to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus (Ver.2)
- Manual of Measures to Prevent the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
“Precautions to be Taken Regarding Classes in the First Semester of 2020 (Ver.1)”
- Restrictions of visitors who have fever over 37.5 ℃ or 1 ℃ higher than normal temperature
★About Resumption of RIMS Joint Research ActivitiesPlease visit the website below for the information.
★What to do if you contract the coronavirusIf you, a member of RIMS or a visitor to RIMS, is confirmed to be infected by the novel coronavirus, please let us, General Affairs Office, know promptly.
Since what we can do for the visitor who feel sick is limited like providing a place to rest, contacting your affiliation or giving information of medical facilities, we appreciate it if you visit us when you are in fully good condition.
- Response flowchart at the time of infection
(Japan Society for Infection Prevention and Control: Precautions to take at home if a family member is suspected to be infected with the novel coronavirus)
★ Contact InformationGeneral Affairs Section at RIMS (weekday office hours)
E-mail: soumu "at" kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Risk Management Section, General Affairs Department
E-mail: 830riskkanrikakari "at" mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Health and Hygiene Section at Facility Department (Submitting health status logs)
E-mail: hoken-corona "at" hoken.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Kyoto City Public Health and Welfare Department
Kyoto City Consultation Service for Persons recently arrived in Japan or who may be at risk of infection
Language: Only in Japanese
Time: 9:00 to 17:00
Kyoto City Consultation Service for Persons recently arrived inJapan or who may be at risk of infection
Languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
Hours: 24 hours